Care and Maintenance
Our residential reglazing jobs come with a 5 year warranty. We advise that you do not use the refinished surface for 12 hours. Below are some instructions on how to care for your newly refinished surface.
- Do not lay soap, bottles or any other objects on the finished surface, put them on a shampoo rack.
- Be sure that your faucets are dry every evening, drain shower pipes, then close taps tightly. If you have a leak, take care of it immediately. Make sure there is no standing water in the tub after the rest of the water has drained. The tub should be completely dry a couple of hours after each use.
- Refinished bathtubs are often easier to clean than the original product. Make sure you use mild, non- abrasive cleaning products. Just as with a new bathtub, the finish or shine can be dulled by abrasive cleaners. We recommend our customers to only use Dawn dish liquid soap or 409 Cleaner.
- Do not drop sharp objects on the finish, which may cause it to chip. Contact us immediately for repairs if this should occur (within 1-2 weeks of accident). If peeling, bubbling, cracking or fading should occur, it is the responsibility of the customer to properly notify us within 1-2 weeks of occurrence.
- All leaky faucets must be repaired to protect the finish against the eroding action of dripping water, which may cause the finish to crack and wear out prematurely.
- Destruction of the finish may occur through improper use of acid bearing compounds (drain openers, tile grout cleaners). All chemicals (cosmetics, bleach, hair dyes, perfumes…) must be kept away from the finish, for it may stain or mar the finish.
- Do not use a rubber mat inside your shower or bathtub. Bathmats can wear away the refinished surface. Ask us about our Anti-Slip Surface Applications.
- Caulk line between tub and tile must be properly sealed at all times.
Remember, if you treat your new surface with respect, clean it regularly and follow these steps, your fixture will stay shiny, bright and give you many years of trouble free service.